Especially the best husband loves his Quarktasche (curd filled filo-dough bags) in the morning. After dropping the kids at school he often stops at the local bakery to pick-up his Quarktasche for breakfast. But on Sundays we have Quarktaschen for everyone!
- ca. 500 g filo dough
- 500 g curd
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g butter meted and cooled down
- 1 egg
- 1 table spoon heaped corn starch
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- zest from one lemon
- If you have frozen filo dough take it out of the freezer and let it thaw according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the butter and let it cool down.
- Combine the butter with all other ingredients.
- Roll out the dough and cut from it ca. 10-15 cm large squares.
- Place one spoon full of the curd mixture in the middle of the square and fold in all four corners, making little packages.
- Bake them for ca. 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Variations: add 100 g of steamed poppy seeds to the curd mixture and one more egg.
This post first appeared on tamtamtiger.wordpress.com.