Today is the last day of May and the last day of Me Made May 2017. I really enjoyed this challenge! It forced me to consider my clothes more than I usually do. This May had extreme temperatures – below 10C in the beginning of the month and around 30C during the last days. So I could wear my me made warm as well as my summer cloths.
I did manage to fulfill (most of) my pledge:
- I did wear at least one me made item at least 5 days per week. I wore 6 different skirts (21 days), 1 dress (once) and 3 different tops (6 days). A clear favorite for cooler days is my up-cycled jeans skirt (above left; I wore it on 9 days). For warmer weather I really liked to wear the pink flower skirt (above right; I wore it on 4 days).
- Par of my pledge was to make and wear me made tops. I did wear three different me made tops. Two are new and one is from last summer. I did not blog about them jet, because I am not that happy about how they turned out. I find it extremely difficult to make a pattern for a top fit properly – even if made from jersey. Thus I am still in the process to make 2-3 different well fitting tops. So this part of the pledge I did not fulfill completely but I am intensely working on it!
- I did start to clean out my wardrobe and rediscovered old items. I also dyed over a few items and gave them a second life. Inspired by the Wardrobe Architect on the Colette blog I stared to analyze my preferences and I discovered that apparently I really like flowery patterns (for some it might seem obvious but to me it actually was a surprise….)!
What did I learn during this challenge:
- I can and really like to wear my me made items.
- I urgently need tops to wear with my skirts. Simple and nice tops. Yes, this is my “top-challenge”!
- I do need more variety. I need a longer skirt and summer pants. A cardigan would be nice, too. (the list goes on….)
Thanks to Zoe for initiating MeMadeMay! I am feeling so proud that I actually could join this year. It is a great motivation to continue working on a me made wardrobe!
This is my contribution to MMM17.