We love fresh home-made breakfast-rolls on a Sunday morning! And we also love to sleep in on a Sunday morning… So, needless to say, I was very happy when I came across those fast delicious rolls at tastsherif. There is a lot of curd in the dough for a nice moist texture and the baking powder cuts the preparation process really short. The rolls can be prepared and baked in less than an hour – and this is the time it takes anyway until everyone is up.
- 500 g curd (I prefer to use a curd with high fat content, but I guess any curd will do)
- 2 eggs
- 50 g sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 g flour (I like to use whole grain spelt flour)
- 1 pack of baking powder (ca. 15-20g or 1 tbsp)
- optional: 100 g dried cranberries (or raisins)
- some milk
- Whisk together curd, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add flour and baking powder and combine into a smooth dough.
- With wet hands form 16-24 balls and set them onto two trays.
- Brush them with milk.
- Bake at 180 degrees for ca. 15-20 minutes.
Yummy! As variations we baked the rolls with poppy seeds (replace 100 g of flour with 100 g of steamed poppy seeds), or with raisins, or with cinnamon and a bit more sugar – and we all loved them!
This post first appeared on tamtamtiger.wordpress.com.