My baby, you are one year old today. Ten things I love about you:
- your loud and hearty laughter.
- your five little teeth with which you bite me into my shoulder.
- how you disassemble Matryoshka and try to put it back together.
- how you smile and come to me when I pick you up from daycare.
- when I carry you and you put your little arms around my neck and your head on my shoulder.
- how you come to cuddle.
- how you wind yourself out of my hands when you have other plans, that’s when we call you our little gusenica (caterpillar).
- how you happily and proudly toddle, still a bit shaky on your little legs, around the living room, swinging the little rattle.
- when you look at me with your mischievous smile when you do something you know you are not supposed to.
- And I love that I have the privilege to spend this precious time with you.